Tuesday, January 18, 2005

the voice of Nicky Wire

well, the HMV package did indeed arrive, and most smart it is too!

the Manics singles are what I expected - with the exception that Nicky Wire, bass player extraordinare, seems to do quite a few of the vocals on the extra tracks. I am unsure as to wether or not this is a bad thing.

as for the new Ian Brown, I am most impressed that a 7" single got here in one piece, although I am not sure what we will do with it. the actual single, Time Is My Everything, is a class now as it was on the Solarized CD. it is the extra tracks where my heart goes boom-ticky-boom - the great one has re-recorded a classic Stone Roses tune, Where Angels Play. it is, frankly, awesome!

well, I finished up work early yesterday, as we started early for some system tests. silly me thought I would get home and kip for a couple of hours. first thing I find when I get in, mind, is a whole bunch of feathers. one of the cats in our lives had obviously "played with a bird", but for the life of me I could not find any remains of any such bird! I assume the plucky thing escaped, or was eaten entire!

after than, tried to snooze, but the phone kept ringing as people were keen to congratulate me on England's victory. well, that and throw abuse in my direction as a consequence!

otherwise, I appear to have obtained the Manics gig from Glasgow last week. looks good, just have not had chance to play it yet. that is something to do tonight!

well, time to do some work or verk, if you recall the old blog. be excellent to each other.



No comments: