Friday, August 27, 2010

Rolling Stone tries the impossible.....

hey everyone


well, it seems Rolling Stone magazine, one of the few truly dedicated and reliable music publications about, are having a go at what most music lovers would consider an all but impossible task. that would be trying to give a list of the top 100 songs by The Beatles.





here is what they have as the top ten :


1. "A Day in the Life"
2. "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
3. "Strawberry Fields Forever"
4. "Yesterday"
5. "In My Life"
6. "Something"
7. "Hey Jude"
8. "Let It Be"
9. "Come Together"
10. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"


thoughts? mine would be that this is a pretty good go. the number one choice is spot on, really. from a personal preference i would probably drop In My Life and Something in favour of Penny Lane and Helter Skelter, and might very well consider something like Love Me Do instead of I Want To Hold Your Hand.

very impressive try, well done for having a go! many thanks to Gillian for alerting me to the list and publication!


be excellent to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: